What you’ll be called: Connect Architect
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services, and training in the industry. Our Engineering Team converts agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences using tools such as React, Node.js, Golang, and Python.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for systems design, technical architecture, code review, technical standards and governance across the entire Connect product portfolio. Partner with product managers and developers to design solutions, document architectures and convey the technology strategy and execute the technology vision for our social engagement, training and learning platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Define architectural strategy with modernizing and optimizing processes and platforms.
· Deliver microservices using rapid development and visual designs.
· Create unified development standards.
· Understand end-user and business partner feedback, work strategically with technology partners to create competitive advantage.
· Provide strong leadership to a geographically dispersed team.
· Assess current state, desired capabilities and greatest opportunities for impact.
· Write and maintain appropriate project documentation.
· Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
· Review architecture of applications for development teams.
· Plan for introduction and integration of new technologies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
· 5-8 years of relevant experience in software development in at least one of the following: NodeJS, Golang or Python.
· 3 or more years of experience software architecture.
· Any experience with source-control tools and practices such as Git.
· Experience with Agile practices, specifically Scrum or Kanban.
· Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud-based solutions such as AWS, GCP, PCF or Azure.
· Experience with searching and caching tools and technology such as Elasticsearch, Solr, Ignite or Redis.
· Experience architecting solutions for content management, social engagement or an online community platform.
· Proficient with database concepts and systems including RDBMS, NoSQL and Distributed File Systems such as Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra or HDFS.
· Proficient with SOAP & XML or REST/GraphQL & JSON.
· Proficient designing and implementing publish/subscribe systems and related technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ.
· Experience in CSS3, HTML5 and client-side best practices.
· Proficient with establishing and working inside a DevOps culture.
· Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
· Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components and concepts including Network, Storage and *nix.
· Able to handle changes in priority and requirements, without loss of enthusiasm.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.