What you’ll be called: Manager of Data Engineering
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a strong team of Data Engineers focused on providing great centralized solutions and services to various internal application teams.
- Design, develop, and implement data architecture and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and publish data from various internal and external data sources
- Work closely with other members of the Data teams to deliver best-in-class data pipelines supporting key data initiatives for KW applications
- Lead projects and prioritization of systems integrations, data migrations, and data processing required by cross-functional product and application teams
- Work in close collaboration with your data-minded colleagues focused on Back End Service Development, reporting, analytics, and machine learning.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from a 4-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in leading a Data Engineering or ETL Team at enterprise level.
- 4+ years of experience with Relational databases and/or Cloud data solutions or analytics systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch.
- 4+ year of experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- 4+ year experience writing SQL queries and code using Python/ Node.js/Java.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to present technical data and approaches to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Masters of Science (M.S.) from a 2-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience working with relational and unstructured databases and enterprise data warehouses, such as work with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle and MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Working experience in a GCP Cloud environment with a subset of the following tools or their equivalent - BigQuery, Dataflow, Cloud Composers, GCS, and BigTable
- 4+ years of experience with with data architecture, data modeling, schema design and/or software developmentz
- Experience building open source data pipeline systems (e.g. Kafka, Apache AirFlow, Apache Beam and Apache Spark)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.