Where you'll work: KWRI Headquarters -- Austin, TX
Joining KWx means you will be joining a passionately driven team of leaders thriving in a flexible virtual culture. KWxers are curious, collaborative, courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while bringing our uniquely diverse skills and experiences to revolutionize how consumers buy, sell, and live in their homes today and future. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge of industry leaders, real estate agents, and their customers to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that evoke emotion, touch hearts, and steer an industry to transform for future needs. KWxers enjoy humor, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at KWx means being empowered to push the limits of design thinking, shine brightly on every project, and make an impact on the world at large.
Experience Designers are responsible for the design thinking principles of digitally enabled products and services. They use their broad skill set across the service, interaction, and visual design domains to work on holistic design solutions, from early-stage idea generation until detailed design of service features and user stories in a digital product.
- Lead cross-disciplinary analysis of existing solutions and opportunity spaces and drive user understanding among different parties through workshop activities
- Define digital product and convergent experience concepts in collaboration with the strategy and technology teams
- Execute the detailed design of defined experiences working across the service components, interaction logins and visual language expression
- Enable a successful handover of final outcomes to the client through training and documentation
- Advocate for and pursue cross-disciplinary and convergent opportunity areas for design innovation
- Understand goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user needs to help define opportunity areas and experience requirements
- Plan, conduct, and combine research, testing and piloting activities with service users, providers, and SMEs
- Map existing and to-be experiences, across both front and back office and stakeholders involved, through journey maps, blueprints, and ecosystem maps
- Create digital product and convergent experience concepts together with the team that push the bar for quality in a given field/industry
- Support the definition of new product/service value proposition and implementation roadmaps
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behavior along defined used cases
- Document product/service requirements and guidelines for following stages of implementation
- 5+ years of professional experience in design thinking (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer” or “product designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the experience design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with KW core values, and a passion for creating products that meet functional and emotional needs
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Resume and Cover Letter
- A link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes.
- Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.