What you’ll be called: Corporate Counsel, Affiliated Business Groups
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an adaptable, flexible, and creative Corporate Counsel who wants to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate. We are looking to expand our team with a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for someone who is flexible, self-motivated and detail-oriented to support the growing needs of KWRI’s affiliated businesses.
As our ideal Corporate Counsel candidate, you have in-house transactional legal experience supporting multiple cross functional teams and/or lines of business. You have a keen ability to prioritize an ever changing list of tasks and urgent requests from internal business partners while maintaining excellent focus and attention to detail.
About are our affiliated businesses:
Our leadership is focused on bringing value to our agents through various corporate initiatives, with a focus on technology and affiliated businesses that maintain the agent’s prominence as the linchpin to the real estate transaction. We have affiliated mortgage, insurance and property management businesses and plan to quickly expand into other areas that touch the real estate transaction. Our affiliates are ultimately designed to help agents better assist their clients in the purchase and sale of their homes.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with and provide legal support to our affiliated businesses.
- Structure, review, draft and negotiate the transactions and contracts pertaining to affiliated businesses.
- Identify and advise on laws related to our affiliated businesses, including RESPA.
- Provide strategic and practical advice to our affiliated businesses.
- Perform research on legal issues as needed.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- Licensed to practice law.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Experience with transactional legal work, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry, RESPA, insurance, mortgage, title or property management a plus.
Skills and Attitude:
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must have a high degree of personal accountability.
- Must be flexible and able to respond to challenges with creativity.
- Must have a track record of taking initiative and problem-solving.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic work environment and have a positive attitude.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have excellent judgment and discretion.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 150,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)