What you’ll be called: Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters-Austin, TX
Voted one of the “Best Places To Work” in Austin, TX KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join our Infrastructure Team.
With over 170K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services, and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education, and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who are we looking for?
KWRI thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. We’re looking for adaptable, flexible, and creative people who want to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate.
The Infrastructure Team is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. This person is self-motivated and loves an environment that allows you to create your own growth path by solving a variety of complex challenges.
What will you do?
This role provides day to day advanced Senior Linux Systems Administrator duties in a large and complex environment. This role is comprised of both new development and operational problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, installation, administration, and maintenance of Linux based infrastructure.
- Build application containers using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Maintain operating software such as OS, applications, library versions, etc.
- Closely control the production environment to ensure stability and uptime.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and help streamline operations.
- Automate tools, systematically reducing manual effort.
- Troubleshoot system issues and failures.
- Perform system performance tuning.
- Plan for capacity growth.
- Monitor networks and security to ensure stability.
- Administer DNS.
- Maintain 99.99% system up time.
- Perform System Monitoring (server system logs, messages, and alerts).
- Share knowledge with other team members on the usage of automation tools and help grow the team.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide extended availability as needed.
- Experience with Linux (preferably Debian and CentOS).
- Experience with Application Server development, deployment, and maintenance using Glassfish.
- Experience using Docker to create images, manage images, and maintain containers.
- Experience using container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with one or more Web Server technologies such as Apache or Nginx.
- Experience with Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBoss.
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Ability to perform independently, as well as work within a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and interface with multiple business units and aggressively follow up on details.
- Advanced ability to understand and manage complex systems.
- Advanced ability to design, implement, and support high availability solutions.
- Experience with job queuing technologies like ActiveMQ.
- Shell scripting experience using bash, Perl, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with OpenLDAP.
- Experience tuning MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with monitoring software, such as Logic Monitor, New Relic, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with administering G Suite.
- Experience with Jenkins and GitHub.
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or something similar.
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Networking, Storage, and IT security.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 150,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)