What you’ll be called: Corporate Counsel, Transactional
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an adaptable, flexible and creative Corporate Counsel who wants to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate. We are looking to expand our team with a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for someone who is flexible, self-motivated and detail-oriented to support KWRI’s growing legal needs domestically and internationally, with a specific focus on transactional work on our corporate initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Drive our acquisitions from start to finish—creation of new entities, due diligence and negotiation of acquisition documents.
- Structure, review, draft and negotiate contracts pertaining to corporate initiatives.
- Manage complex or sensitive legal problems or issues as they arise.
- Identify and advise on laws and regulations.
- Provide strategic and practical advice to internal clients.
- Perform research on legal issues as needed.
- Provide support as necessary to other functions of the legal department.
- Juris Doctorate degree, required.
- Licensed to practice law.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Experience with transactional legal work, preferably in a corporate setting or with technology transactions.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry, RESPA or franchising a plus.
Skills and Attitude:
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must have a high degree of personal accountability.
- Must be flexible and able to respond to challenges with creativity.
- Must have a track record of taking initiative and problem-solving.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic work environment and have a positive attitude.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have excellent judgment and discretion.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)