What you’ll be called: Director of Software Development
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. We're looking for a Director of Software Development to help us build a robust platform and microservices.
With over 170K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Director of Software Development who will be responsible for managing the engineering needs across our product portfolio. As our Director of Software Development, you will drive our cloud-based development and integration platform while working to modernize and decommission several legacy systems. You will be responsible scaling the team and working with outside development partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage both onsite and offsite development teams.
- Deliver secure coding solutions using the latest industry standards and tools.
- Design highly available, scalable and performant solutions.
- Deliver high quality coding solutions, including QA automation.
- Ensure that the solution is delivered on time, with quality and meeting requirements.
- Work in an agile environment and deliver a consistent burndown rate.
- Partner with business units and provide engineering insight on product design.
- Provide product teams accurate level of effort estimates to maintain a well-groomed backlog.
- Mentor and lead other members of the department in development best practices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8 years hands on development experience.
- Proven track record of multiple development team management.
- Expert in PHP, Python or NodeJS.
- Extensive experience with MySQL or Postgres.
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Expert knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Java or Oracle, a plus.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)