What you’ll be called: Helpdesk Support Technician
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for in 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. With over 170K agents worldwide, we are the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a customer focused Helpdesk Support Technician to look after all the equipment we use in the corporate office—from laptops and desktops to business office equipment and phone system. This includes both setup and continuous support. Our ideal Helpdesk Support Technician has advanced technical knowledge and the ability to both understand the problem and communicate effectively to explain its solution. You must be people-oriented and patient when dealing with difficult situations.
What you’ll do:
You will provide first and second level technical support for Keller Williams Realty employees within a local area network while providing outstanding customer service.
- Receive, prioritize and respond to incoming technical support requests entered into the Helpdesk ticketing system by end users experiencing problems relating to computer hardware and software, VoIP phones, printers, peripherals, connectivity and other computer and network-related technologies.
- Effectively communicate with end users to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Escalate complex problems as needed.
- Administer accounts for Active Directory, Exchange, VoIP Phones, Intranet and other systems.
- Log and track work through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of all computers, laptops, printers, and telephony devices.
- Maintain system images for the various computer/laptop models within the company.
- Replace and retire desktop hardware in accordance to scheduled life cycle policies.
- Contact third party support as needed for hardware and application errors.
- Write, revise, and update user training manuals and internal procedures as needed.
- Provide Wi-Fi and email support for smart phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Place orders for supplies as needed.
- Work extended hours and perform other duties as required.
- 3 years of IT helpdesk experience.
- Experience installing, administering and troubleshooting Windows computers and laptops within an Active Directory domain environment.
- Understanding of networking, DHCP and DNS within a local area network.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Apple products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Experience supporting Office 365.
- Solid understanding of VoIP Phone technology.
- Experience with computer imaging software.
- Microsoft and other industry related certifications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Light tasks requiring a minimum of tiring physical effort. Performance of work requires intermittent sitting, standing and walking. Additionally, occasional operation of office machines or equipment resulting in some fatigue.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)