What you’ll be called: Social Media Community Manager
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for in 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) fosters a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
What you’ll do:
As our Social Media Community Manager, you will develop, promote and maintain a vibrant online community presence for Keller Williams. You will build a community of Keller Williams Ambassadors, empowering them to spread the Keller Williams message. You will provide excellent customer service, addressing concerns that arise on social channels promptly, and with excellent judgement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize social media monitoring system(s) to perform day-to-day monitoring of social media that drive activity across social media channels.
- Respond to all incoming messages in a timely and personalized fashion in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and corporate policies. Responsible for issue escalation and following up on those alerts to make sure all items are handled appropriately.
- Identify, analyze and understand our audience and their specific communication needs, working with the Marketing and Technology teams to develop effective messages.
- Actively engage other team members, leadership and subject matter experts in the development of effective strategies for leveraging online communities.
- Support all field ambassadors through open and timely communication, empowering them to promote the Keller Williams brand.
- Analyze and report on social media activities to provide teams with actionable insights, weekly.
- Maintain social media engagement guidelines and standards; update CRM knowledge base and relevant social toolkits.
- Establish and monitor effective best practices for measuring the impact of social media messages that drive sentiment and engagement KPIs.
- Manage overall project development, including project schedules, work assignments and reports; prioritize and traffic multiple projects and deadlines.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience in communications, operations or project/program management.
- An understanding of the techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (You will be asked to provide access to accounts you have established and maintained.)
- Experience with social media management and monitoring platforms, such as Spredfast or Sprinklr, highly preferred.
- A sense of diplomacy, excellent judgment and the ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast moving online environment
- Must have strong writing/grammatical skills and a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- A proactive and curious attitude toward staying on top of the fields of social media, communications and community engagement.
- Ability to collaborate and give clear direction.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)