What you’ll be called: Senior Technical Writer
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. We're looking for a Senior Technical Writer to help us document our robust platform and microservices.
With over 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
What you’ll do:
Keller Williams is seeking a Senior Technical Writer who has experience explaining highly technical data and information in clear, grade school language for end users of complex technology solutions. You will lead our efforts to develop and enhance the documentation for our technology platform. You will write content primary for the developer community, as well as for the broader hardware and software ecosystem. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of effectively capturing and communicating technical information related to products and development procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality documentation for various solutions, with a focus on developers and agent audience.
- Work on a variety of documentation projects that include API and service documentation, getting started guides, user manuals, training documents, and more.
- Define writing projects and set goals.
- Drive strategy and documentation planning with engineering teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve writer efficiency.
- Drive developer learning efforts and engage with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or 3 additional years of equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years of technical communication experience.
- Experience with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams.
- Knowledge and experience with developer-focused platforms, frameworks and tools.
- Experience writing programming guides and API reference information.
- Hands-on development experience and experience with markdown-based publishing systems such as Sphinx and/or ASCIIDOC.
- Experience with Git or GitHub
- Familiarity with (or a working knowledge of) at least one programming language such as Go, Python or Java.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks.
- Experience using project/issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Git or GitHub a plus.
- Ideas and know-how to create modern, cutting-edge content.
- Ability to cope with changing requirements in a fast-moving environment.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)