What you will be called: Windows Systems Engineer (Contract)
Where you’ll work: KW Technology
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living, and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Who are we looking for?
KWRI thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. We’re looking for adaptable, flexible, and creative people who want to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate.
The KW Technology department is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for a person that is self-motivated and loves an environment that allows you to create your own growth path.
What will you do?
Provide day-to-day Windows Systems Engineer duties within a corporate environment (LAN/WAN). The Windows Systems Engineer is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, and recovery procedures for all KWRI Windows environments. Serves as Windows environment technical expert, and helps to manage storage arrays, networking environment, and VMware environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, installation, administration, and maintenance of Windows servers (2008-2016) and VMware ESXi based infrastructure.
- Keep systems patched with up to date drivers, firmware, etc.
- Closely control the production environment to ensure stability and uptime.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and help streamline operations.
- Automate tools, systematically reducing manual effort.
- Troubleshoot system issues and failures.
- Perform system performance tuning.
- Plan for capacity growth.
- Monitor networks and security to ensure stability.
- Administer DNS.
- Maintain 99.99% system up time.
- Perform System Monitoring (server system logs, messages, and alerts).
- Share knowledge with other team members on the usage of automation tools and help grow the team.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide extended availability as needed.
- Experience with Windows servers, including system installation, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, as well as advanced administration.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter, including design and engineering, as well as advanced administration.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and managing computers and users within a domain.
- Experience with File Server administration.
- Ability to implement and optimize use of IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP and other protocols.
- Ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot network problems and improve performance.
- Ability to coordinate and interface with multiple business units and aggressively follow up on details.
- Ability to perform independently, as well as work within a team environment.
- Experience with networking switches, firewalls, and VPN administration. This includes installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with NAS/SAN storage technologies.
- Experience with monitoring software such as Logic Monitor, Zenoss, New Relic, etc.
- Experience with IIS or SQL Server administration.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Installation and configuration of related networking appliances such as: Load Balancers, WAF, etc.
- Experience as a senior level administrator/engineer a plus.
- High-level organizational and communication skills.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or Expert (MCSA or MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional 5 or 6 (VCP5 or VCP6)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)