What you’ll be called: Cloud Tools Developer
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
With more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. We’re hiring a Cloud Tools Developer to join our passionate and experienced team focused on converting agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education, and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we’re looking for:
Keller William’s cloud operations team is dedicated to managing the KWRI services with a focus on automation, CICD, and building in-house tooling to glue it all together. We cover a fair amount of the typical “devops” spectrum. There are two types of team member we’re focused on finding right now. The first is internal tooling developers with an operations interest but a strong development skill-set and the second is cloud platforms engineers capable of designing, implementing, and maintaining our infrastructure which is built on a foundation of Terraform and Kubernetes.
As a Cloud Tools Developer on the Cloud Services team, you will be a big part of building and improving our CICD pipeline for end-to-end deployments, enabling developers to integrate their applications, and maintaining a clean infrastructure-as-code approach to managing every aspect of our infrastructure. You will be able to help guide improvements for the services we support, assist with architecture design, ensure products are integrated properly, and help us define SLOs for customer facing services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build scripts and applications to act as the glue between the common infrastructure tools in use so that they have a common and simplified interface for internal users.
- Write services and utilities for use by internal teams for things such as improving visibility, standardizing interfaces, or extending capabilities of existing tools.
- Assess design and performance of existing products.
- Deliver sane code via terraform HCL, helmsman, and other languages as needed to maintain our mandate of infrastructure as code.
- Participate in brief daily standups where we walk the board Kanban style to keep our projects moving smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work demonstrating desired skill set, in Computer Science.
- 3 years experience in software development.
- Strong ability with at least one common scripting language.
- Demonstrably strong understanding of linux.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, SOA, Distributed Systems, or Microservices.
- A basic knowledge of either Terraform or Kubernetes or ability to quickly deep dive into their usage.
- Deep knowledge several languages. Most preferred are Python, Go, Php, and/or JS. CS competence is the goal here.
- Cloud experience, preferably GCP or AWS.
- Docker and Kubernetes administrative experience.
- Capable of staying focused and effective in a remote team environment.
- Solid communication skills.
- You enjoy a highly collaborative environment and are eager to present new ideas and solutions.
- No problems asking for help or clarifications. We’re a team that works together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.