What you’ll be called: Senior Manager, Software Development
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. We're looking for a Senior Manager, Software Development to help us build a robust platform and microservices.
With more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Software Development who will be responsible for managing the engineering needs across our product portfolio. As our Senior Manager, Software Development, you will drive our cloud-based development and integration platform while working to modernize and decommission several legacy systems. You will be responsible process management, scaling the team and working with outside development partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own process management, budgeting and resource sourcing, ensuring that the solution is delivered on time, with quality and meeting requirements.
- Manage both onsite and offsite development teams.
- Design secure development and coding systems and models using the latest industry standards and tools, including QA automation.
- Deliver highly available, scalable and performant solutions.
- Work in an agile environment and deliver a consistent burndown rate.
- Partner with business units and provide engineering insight on product design.
- Provide product teams accurate level of effort estimates.
- Mentor and lead other members of the department in development best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work demonstrating desired skill set.
- 8 years of experience in software development.
- 5 years experience managing and scaling high functioning internal and external software development teams.
- Proven track record of working with product and engineering teams to deliver innovative software solutions.
- Strong technical understanding of the tool sets used to develop and deploy code in microservices and/or (SOA) service oriented architecture.
- Data driven with experience managing / measuring / refining / optimizing development processes to scale nimble development teams.
- Experience managing development budget with dynamic interdependencies.
- Strong business acumen and operational background.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience with Golang, PHP, Python or NodeJS.
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)