What you’ll be called: Controller, Chairman of the Board (COB)
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Controller, COB has a strong focus on accuracy, timeliness, customer service, process improvement and the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
The Controller, COB is responsible for all accounting and financial concerns for the Chairman of The Board. Reporting to the Chairman’s Managing Director, the Controller will supervise the accounting team, coordinate with outside accounting firm on tax matters and design and implement systems, policies and procedures for additional entities as they develop. This role also serves as a consultant within the organization, working with others to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the chairman.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Prepare, review and analyze all internal financial statements and reports for all entities.
- Supervise the Accounting team, including oversight and review of:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Revenue processing and recognition
- Fixed assets
- Account reconciliations
- AccountEdge accounting software, including managing permissions and roles
- Departmental reporting requirements
- Prepare and review of budgets, including training and educating stakeholders on the budgeting process and managing of departmental budget.
- Coordinate with external accounting firm on all tax matters.
- Review legal contracts to determine accounting impact and response.
- Project management and supervision of special accounting projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Accounting degree.
- 7 years of experience.
- Experience at the Controller or equivalent level.
- Experience accounting for multiple entities, consolidation and inter-company transactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Wide ranging business experience especially in real estate, private equity, property management, and nonprofits.
- Ability to assess a proposal, identify issues, and suggest solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to adapt to a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong analytical and reasoning skills.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.
Company Website: www.lifeatkwri.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)