What you’ll be called: Senior Data Engineer
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our Data Engineering team converts agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences using tools such as Python, Hadoop, Spark, MySQL, MongoDB and Snaplogic.
What you’ll do:
Design, develop and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in data architecture discussions to understand target data structures, required data transformations and inform architectural approach based on best practices for data processing.
- Lead detailed exploration of new internal and external source data to advise strategic initiatives led by the Product, Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence teams.
- Influence technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and overall data processing approach.
- Work in close collaboration with data-minded colleagues focused on back-end (microservice) development, business intelligence reporting, machine learning and artificial intelligence models.
- Participate in the hiring and mentoring of other data engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years of experience as a data engineer on enterprise-level data solutions.
- Experience in SQL and scripting for automation with Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience working with relational and unstructured databases and enterprise data warehouses, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field.
- Expert in SQL and Python for scripting automation.
- Experience building open source data pipeline systems such as AirFlow, Hadoop or Kafka.
- Experience with Spark, Presto, Hive or other map/reduce "big data" systems and services.
Who are we?
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world's largest real estate franchise by agent count, has more than 1,000 offices and 180,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States. In 2015, Keller Williams began its evolution into a technology company, now building the real estate platform that agents' buyers and sellers prefer. Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.